Now that you have the best product in the world, if nobody knows about it, what's the point of having it? Whatever your deployment is, you need to communicate about it!
For a successful deployment, communications and engagement with stakeholders is fundamental and as part of the contractual obligations, all providers are required to:
“...enlist support from an experienced communications and engagement professional to develop and implement a detailed (and wide-reaching) communications strategy to raise awareness of the solution, and increase uptake with healthcare professionals and targeted patient groups during the contract period."
The information and templates provided in this section will help to think about the different ways you could communicate with your intended audience, whether that is patients or healthcare professionals. As a starting point, you could use the communications strategy template provided below to plan any promotion and engagement of Patients Know Best within your organisation.
In this section, you can find examples of the following:
- How to create a page about PKB on your organisations website or intranet
- Posters for patients - perfect for putting up in waiting rooms
- Patient leaflets - useful for patients to decide in their own time if they would like to use PKB
- GP letter - great for engaging external professionals on behalf of your patients
- Patient letter - introducing patients to PKB and asking them to sign up.
- Promotional videos - great for generating advocacy and legitimacy to your programme.
- Case studies - useful for capturing detailed accounts and illustrating different aspects of the deployment.
- Media - reaching audiences and raising awareness on a larger scale.
This information is intended to support you with your communications activity to ensure a successful roll-out. For any further information or advice, please email email@example.com.
Gurpreet Sarai, Head of Marketing and Communications at Patients Know Best, has over 14 years experience working in the public sector and NHS communications, managing vast portfolios at local and national level. If you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss your approach with her, or arrange for a member our team to produce a case study about your deployment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.