Routinised Care (Business As Usual)
When your organisation is using PKB, via email invitation the system can be immediately available for any professional user in the U.K. using a device with a web browser. The professional can use their own device and they can work in their own home if needed. This allows for continuation of necessary clinics via digital interaction, both those clinics that need to continue as normal (as possible), and those established to help triage and prioritise suspected or diagnosed COVID-19 patients.
Please see below for some of the functionality that comes as standard and how it can be used to adapt for COVID-19 management and routinised care processes during this period. Please note that some additional resources are available and important to support either roll out including how to quickly mass register your patients.
PKB can be used for a wide variety of purposes and generally, we explore options and design localised pathways over a period of planning.
We have highlighted areas below that are readily available and relevant to support routinised care and COVID-19 planning:
- Enabling remote patient management with Video Consultations:
- How to use PKB's Call Patient Feature
- How to use other remote video platforms with PKB
- Provide a quick COVID Management careplan for your patients (example shown) (available to all patients)
- Asynchronous messaging (with picture, video or documentation attachment features) is one of the most used features of PKB allowing patients and professionals to communicate without needing to schedule being at a computer at the same time. The secure messages reside in PKB and allow an asynchronous discussion to take place, allowing each participant to respond at the most convenient time. This is used to conduct follow-up appointments and answer concerns or queries without need for a face-to-face appointment or telephone call.
- Structured consultation/surveys: Patients are able to complete any forms, surveys or questionnaires (collectively called 'consultations' in PKB). These can be switched on or off for specific teams and can be sent to whole patient cohorts or individually. The output of these forms can be aggregated and anonymised, and is available via the API or as a CSV download.
- Self-monitoring and tracking of symptoms via:
- Integration with telehealth/telecare apps and devices allowing home monitoring of symptoms, for example blood pressure, weight, and blood glucose and integration with over 200 consumer apps and devices, such as Fitbits and wearables
- Symptom trackers and surveys distributed by the clinician to the patient
- Viewing and interacting with personalised care plans that can be updated remotely, and contain dynamic content (web pages, video, multimedia)
- Linked with clinical alerts at thresholds that feed-back to the relevant clinician for pre-emptive care
- The plans can cover treatment, self-management, outcomes, therapy plans, assessment and discharge information, crisis care, relapse prevention etc.
- Built in HTML and can include educational videos, pictures and documents.
- Designed to complement or replace existing paper-based approaches.
- Adding any professional or carer/family member the patient chooses, regardless of institution to allowing discussion and communication for the patient to his/her whole team out-the-box
- Distribution of a library of electronic resources, including information leaflets, booklets or other reference materials
- Both general libraries and content specific to the teams the patient is under
- Self-reporting via an online journal, for patients to keep a diary
- Tracking of who has entered what information, so the patient can see where their data is coming from
- Uploading of files of any format (up to 1GB per file) for clinical communication or storage
- Booking of appointments (via integration partners such as SwiftQueue or via the messaging/questionnaire functionality)
Working with your Success Lead on implementation
Normally PKB would take time to work with you to review your current clinical processes and adapt these over time to digital. In these circumstances PKB is happy to do this on a more rapid scale and provide resources to support your teams to do so, including:
Guides on the following:
- How to register all your professionals quickly
- How to register all your patients quickly
Calls with our success team lead to work out those processes that could be switched to digital quickly. It’s important we understand who your high dependency groups are, what their immediate needs are, and what care plans and resources can we digitise quickly.
Please see our commitment to working effectively remotely with you, as we understand this is not normal for most health professionals.